Five Investing Quotes to Guide Your Wealth Creation Journey
Shruti Sharma -
Jan 15, 2022
2 min read
Often as an investor you can find yourself in a situation where you’re lost for words. The stock market is inherently uncertain and trying to make sense of it, can be one hell of a roller coaster ride. Luckily for us, we have many investment quotes from people, who made it to the history books. Each one of these investing quotes offer nuggets of wisdom that you can apply to your own wealth journey.
1. "Don't look for the needle in the haystack. Just buy the haystack!" — John Bogle
If it seems too hard to find the next Amazon, John Bogle came up with the only sure way to get in on the action. By buying Mutual Fund, investors can put a little bit of money into every stock. That way, they never miss out on the stock market's biggest winners
2. "How many millionaires do you know who have become wealthy by investing in savings accounts? I rest my case." — Robert G. Allen
Though investing in a savings account is a sure bet, your gains will be minimal due to the extremely low interest rates.
3. “The individual investor should act consistently as an investor and not as a speculator." — Ben Graham
You are an investor, not someone who can predict the future. Base your decisions on real facts and analysis rather than risky, speculative forecasts. Mutual funds give you that much needed balance of risk-return.
4. "The biggest risk of all is not taking one." — Mellody Hobson
There is a direct trade-off between risk and return. If investors stick to low-risk assets like the money market and bonds, then they run a high risk of low long-term returns.
5. "Investing should be more like watching paint dry or watching grass grow. If you want excitement, take $800 and go to Las Vegas." — Paul Samuelson
If you think investing is gambling, you're doing it wrong. The work involved requires planning and patience. However, the gains you see over time are indeed exciting.
People who are new to the world of investing can get frustrating and become discouraged at times. However, as long as you keep these five quotes in mind than you can probably avoid most of the common mistakes people make in investing. So, remember these quotes, embrace them and make them apart of your investing journey.